Another day gone, another day wasted!

They forgot to switch on the street lights today. My tube-light switched off and the glow of the dimmed laptop screen fills the room with an eerie hue. I was standing on the balcony, shrouded in the darkness and the chilly November air wisping through my hair..It was as the poets say, a still night! Of course, the poets hardly ever account for mosquitoes but still, it was as close to one as I have seen. The soft jingle of Eric Clapton putting in the finishing notes to a song in the background and the crickets chirping somewhere in the darkness, shrouded by a veil of thin mist. It was heavenly, chilling yes, but this kind of thrilled satisfaction is hard to replicate. And then Simon & Garfunkel opened with the all too familiar "Hello darkness my old friend...." and it was perfect.

But as is the rule of all good things, they end. And with the closing verses of the song echoing in my ears and the torment of mosquitoes getting unbearable, i walked back in, switched on the light and grabbed the nearest book, in vain hope of getting something through before sleep takes over.But alas!

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence.

Another day gone, another day wasted! I care?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

All in...