I promise to keep this short and vague...


Tomorrow I embark on a great adventure. An experience that is to be cherished for a lifetime, and yet, I leave with a heavy heart. The clouds of gloom refuse to clear. Thankless? Maybe. And I'm sorry for it. Why this sense of morbid sadness? I think I know. I leave the answer behind.

“How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!"

Some optimism will go a long way here, but there are some things that are hard to let go of. Some, we cherish as special, some are fears that we harbor, that gnaw away in the darkest corners of our mind.

"The world forgetting, by the world forgot."

There is of course much hope to be sought and much cheer to provided by the wonderful world around us. And it is that which keeps the clouds from bursting, the lightning from striking. The fears diminished, with the hope of replenishment, the gloom lifting, with the reign of hope.

"Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!"

Maybe tomorrow, the sun will shine once again, and shine bright for a lifetime and more, until we're ready to walk off into the sunset, the joy of living etched into our skins, heads held high, hands held together, for then we shall fear the darkness no more.

"Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd”

Everyday is a great adventure. Every moment is an experience to be cherished for a lifetime. Tomorrow I embark on a great adventure, as I did today, as I'll do forever.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

Courage in unlikely places...