About religion...

So a religious whackjob, Noah, built an ark, of wood and scraps, with his bare hands and intellect limited by the times(thousands of years ago when they had to rub stones to get toasted bread, if you're wondering), stuffed into it a pair of every animal on the planet(the carnivores manned the boiler room, because lets face it, those chaps aren't too friendly, even when you're saving them from extinction, elephants, giraffes, et al) and THAT tin-pot contraption survived God's wrath, the storm of...I dunno, the universe maybe.

And on the flip side, armed with the powers of modern science and near infinite wealth and resources, the world's top engineers, built a boat to cross a measly ocean, to allow Jack and Rose to start off an unlikely romance, and named it Titanic, The Unsinkable Ship. And what happens? This wonder of modern boating science engineering, snaps into two when grazed by a freaking cube of ice, floating around in the water. Thus Jack went down and broke his crown and Rose, lived happily ever after. Sexist to the core, but whatever. The point being, modern engineering, pretty much sucks. Why study it? Why not just embrace religion and wait for God to hand out the manuals like he did to Noah, like, Building Boats for Dummies, Chimps to the Moon, The do-it-yourself KFC Burger recipe, etc etc. I'm sure that would work out for the best. Humanity shall, thus be spared of countless tragedies, and I shall be spared of this freaking charade of giving exams every alternate month. But the betterment of mankind was the foremost thought, my personal gain was only an afterthought. No, really!



Comments

  1. There are four engineers traveling in a car. One is a mechanical engineer, one a chemical engineer, one an electrical engineer and the other one an engineer from Microsoft.

    The car breaks down.

    "Sounds to me as if the pistons have seized. We'll have to strip down the engine before we can get the car working again," says the mechanical engineer.

    "Well," says the chemical engineer, "i...t sounded to me as if the fuel might be contaminated. I think we should clear out the fuel system."

    "I thought it might be a grounding problem," says the electrical engineer, "or maybe a faulty plug lead."

    They all turn to the Microsoft engineer who has said nothing and say.
    They ask him, "What do you think?"

    "Well, I think we should close all the windows, get out, get back in, and open the windows again."....I agree, what's the point???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point being, that studying all this is rather pointless and I shall rather sit idle, waiting for a divine intervention rather than beat my head over this useless degree!savvy? :)

      Delete
  2. The way I bang my head to all that is divine across the country...I guess they take pity on me and intervene- You in anycase haven't ever done justice to the textbooks....somtimes i feel that you buy them cos they are cheaper than the pace-maker that my heart needs to bear the assault ! Must say you are considerate son!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I am.. How you doubt me! And you're welcome.(P.S.I accept money offerings)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

All in...