A little darkness...

Two sunrises in a row now. High fives all around. I am becoming quite the morning person these days. Winter mornings are fun admittedly. The chilly morning air, the cold mists and the shadows right before sunrise, giving way ever so gradually with the first gleam of the morning sun spreading light and warmth all over. A pleasant cure for weary eyes, and wearier souls.

If you're wondering about my sleep cycle then it's best to warn you that many a renowned scientist have found dark corners in the heart of asylums after fretting over it. For now, I make do fine with my prolonged sleeplessness by making it up with prolonged sleepiness. I dunno what the long term consequences are but it seems to work for now. You put all your faith in the medical system, trusting that by the time your bad habits come back to bite you in the ass, medical science would have progressed enough to deal with it.

Now, moving onto more important aspects than sunrises and my sleep patterns. The New Year approaches. The time for resolutions anew and full of hope we chug ahead thinking how this year would be THE year. That like never happens, but still, salute to the human spirit of never giving up hope. I for one am horrible with resolutions. Most of mine don't even make it past the first week. However that won't deter me from having another stab at it later down the month after all, it's not like I have a lot else to do anyway. But on the topic of resolutions, every night I resolve to sit down with my books and study and invariably end up in the morning still in the process of resolving. There is just too much irony in my life. However, if this does not change soon, I'm afraid next year won't be THE year after all. Worth a ponder.

Aside from my own troubles, I also empathize with the troubles of those near and dear to me, especially those who just got hitched. My sincerest condolences. However, I do look forward to an evening of good food and leg pulling to come. May it all be worth the trouble is all that I wish of these unfortunate folks. Marriage is such a pain. Two people, all eager to tie a bond to bind them together for eternity. You'd expect better of people whose near ancestors spent a good part of the last century trying to win freedom for their people, and here they are, sacrificing that for what? Over populating the already unbearably crowded planet? All the best then. It's funny how everyone wants to be strong, successful and independent while growing up, and then, at the first opportunity sacrifice those very aspirations for what? Love? Tradition? Security? Peace of mind?

Why is a sacrifice so necessary? I could never tell. From Romeo and Juliet to the modern sappy romantic novels and movies that are thrust upon us, it is all about sacrifice. What, you mean the people there were not happy with their lives before that they went ahead and sacrificed that happiness for something that may or may not bring them that same level of joy? Why not just let things stay as they were. Don't fix what isn't broken maybe. But nope, where is the fun in that, let us all bend to the will of society and the many inordinate senseless traditions and rules that govern that very same society, telling you how to live, how to die.

Anyway, a rebellion is for another day, another lifetime maybe. For now I lack the will and determination to even open my books to study for something that is important and relevant. It's a curious thing how the mind wanders into realms far removed from each other, so quickly and abruptly, but it would help if it stopped a while and focused on what's now instead of what's to come and what may come.

And finally, as it turns out, I am not much of a morning person after all. The light reveals me for who I am. The darkness of the night is when I thrive, for it shares my thoughts and trepidation, and smothers it with its overbearing labyrinth of blackness A day may come when I am ready to face the light, a day in time undefined. I can only hope that this year is THE year.

Comments

  1. Glad that you are writing - again ! The dark and the light are all part of the same day ....and resolutions are trash really ! And come January you are supposed to fend for yourself...Jan 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

All in...