I wish the world was a smaller place, The poles, not so distant, Boundaries, undefined. I wish the world was a smaller place, The peaks, not so unassailable, Depths, less frightful. I wish the world was a smaller place, The places, not so asunder, Distances, surmountable. I wish the world was a smaller place, The people, not so lost, Desires, realizable. I wish the world was a smaller place, for its magnitude frightens me now. Its fickle nature, haunts me. Far removed from comfort, into the concrete wilderness that we roam, stuck in a cycle of everyday grind, instilled with flickering hope and ever dwindling courage to carry on, further and further, till there is nothing left to fight for, into the darkness, where not a morsel of courage remains, but only the dying embers of the long forgotten hope, that one day, it will all be worth it. Was it worth it, is it ever worth it? Our lives, etched with sacrifice, for a glorious higher purpose, that we never realize. Mayb...
Popular posts from this blog
Ground Control To Spaceman Spiff
Dear Spaceman Spiff, It’s been a while. I hope this finds you happy and well. It seems an age and a reality afar, when we used to go on our intergalactic adventures together. I miss that. The passage of time since has been trying, the monsters of reality have truly taken flesh. I wish I could’ve borrowed your Death Ray Blaster to zap ‘em away, but these battles have made me weary. Try as I might, I can no longer make that spaceship fly anymore. One hard landing too many, eh buddy? I’ve always been straight with you, ‘cause you get me. I’m stuck, my friend. On an alien planet, where I don’t belong, without recourse, without help. I’ve tried to mingle with them, gather intelligence on their species, but it’s difficult. They’re at war within, while their robotic shells tread the same invisible paths, each believing their path to be unique, yet competing against the others, all the while bending to some ancient pre-set norms. Their internal strife, and the strive to reach their abstract, u...
When the skies are grey...
I'm being unreasonably irritable for a couple of weeks now. Worse, I have developed this new habit of actually taking out my irritation and I genuinely apologize to all those of whom that are forced to suffer it. So, exam times once more. Same old, same old. Well, not quite. This time I actually, believe it or not, made a bit of an effort to put in some hours with the books. Maybe it was the guilt of having to pay a hefty fine over my attendance, maybe it was the need to live up to expectations(I overestimate, as usual), maybe it was the need to please, or maybe it was all of those or none of it. Bottom line, in this sweltering May heat, I've spent many a wakeful hour alternately poring over pages upon pages of incomprehensible rubbish, or sitting in the quiet of my little balcony as the dark night lifts to paint a picture of dawn. Now, it's been many a year since I last studied like this. Class ten, board exams, yes. After many a people telling me how my life will be r...
Comments
Post a Comment