So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen old friend...

I'm pretty cold when it comes to expressing sentiment. So no prolonged, teary farewells and speeches here. But, a poem in class I, probably my first in that school, suddenly came back to me.

I saw a ship a-sailing, a-sailing in the sea
And it was deeply laden with pretty things for me

There were comfits in the cabin
And apples in the hold
The sails were made of satin
And masts were made of gold.

The four and twenty sailors
That stood above the decks
Were four and twenty white mice
With chains about their necks

The captain was a duck
With a packet on his back
And when the ship began to move
The captain said, "quack quack."

Have a good one, Popeye. And do return my bag sometime. Anytime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

All in...