A will, a dream...


And amidst the onrushing crowd of revelers and passerby's, he sat there, in a world of his own, surrounded by his art. Tireless fingers, stroking fresh paint over new canvas, day and night. How many he sells, I do not know. But he sits there, under the scorching sun, day after day, head bowed, a sheaf before him, pictures, screaming out words, as the world passes him by. Is this passion? Is this perseverance? Is this the will to follow a dream?

Ah! what is not a dream by day
To him whose eyes are cast
On things around him with a ray
Turned back upon the past?
-Edgar Allan Poe

Comments

  1. Patience ( by Tina Louise)
    I am waiting
    Though not in stillness as I wait
    I am hoping
    Though not in despair as I hope
    I am dreaming
    Though not in darkness as I dream
    I am longing
    Though not in emptiness as I long
    I am trying
    Though not in futility as I try
    I am learning
    Though not in ignorance as I learn
    I am becoming
    Though not in nothing as I become
    I am being
    While eternity teaches me patience
    Tina Loise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The IIT story...

Courage in unlikely places...